Thank you for your interest in Shrewsbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (SNRC) where we strive to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Residents. They are not only our customers, they are like family. If you share these values and this level of commitment, then we would love to meet you.
Established in 1969, and highly regarded for its quality of care, Shrewsbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (SNRC) seamlessly blends a legacy of exceptional care with today’s medical and holistic advancements and philosophies for the well-being of our residents. We offer short-term rehabilitation, long-term care, “Reminiscence,” and respite and hospice care.
Our staff extends compassionate care in a comfortable and secure environment that affords a dignified, meaningful, and enhanced quality of life. We are located on a beautiful 30 acre campus in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. We are minutes from Routes 9, 190, and 290, close to Route 495, and we are located on a Worcester Regional Transportation Authority bus route.
When working full-time at SNRC, employee benefits include:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision Plan
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employer Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 401K Plan with employer match
- Select vendor advantage program (Percy’s, Verizon, etc.)
The Activities Assistant assists the Director of Activities in planning, organizing, developing, and directing quality activities for patients, ensuring that the recreational, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and social needs of each patient is met in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience with geriatrics preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in arts/crafts/music is preferred
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all employees, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Must be able to assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating quality activity programs (includes entertainment, exercise, relaxation, and education)
- Must be able to appropriately and descriptively chart patient progress and behavior
- Must be able to escort patients to and from activities
- Must be able to make regular in room visits to patients uninterested or unable to participate in group activities
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Send resume via email: email@example.com, or mail to:
Vice President & Human Resources Director
Southgate at Shrewsbury | Shrewsbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
30 Julio Drive
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
or fax to: 508-842-0263
No phone calls, please.